I am writing this blog as a curious reader and follower of the social, political and economic news relating to the country and in reply to the recent trending article on “Moneylife.in” & “Newslaundry.com”.
To Sucheta Dalal & Arunabh Saikia
Twitter did not have enough space for me to clearly express my confusions about your article and in now way am I defending NDTV or others named in your article.
My writing, investigating or journalist skills are not as good as you guys so please forgive my naiveness in this article, also I can’t stress this enough that this specifically to clear my confusion on your article and current matter and not in any way to question your integrity.
So here are my doubts
- If you look below in the first image ‘Point (i), (iii)’ I Could not find the mentioned documents online on which the whole conversation is based on.
- If you see (ii) there is a bank, now what I could find was in 2008 they allegedly took a loan from ‘India Bulls Finance‘ and ‘ICICI‘ of Rs. 363 Crores and Rs 73.91 Crores respectively which is a total of Rs. 437 Crores approx according to this article on http://defenceforumindia.com (can’t confirm authenticity). But the Hoot tells a different story as you can see in image 2.
The Above “Image two” has be extracted from the hoot from their Article NDTV–Targeted by the BJP? NDTV Tax Story – Part III. Within this media house they believe that there is a BJP link connecting the politicians and journalists who target them. PRANATI MEHRA and PARANJOY GUHA THAKURTA report Posted/Updated Friday, Mar 28 12:00:58, 2014
- Both the statements from Newslaundry.com and Moneylife.in are based on the undisclosed documents as you can see in ‘Image Three’ below
- Non of the links that are mentioned in the point 5 (Image Four) provide any corroboration for the documents or make a connection with RRPR or NDTV, while they do bring to light the influence of Reliance over the media.
If you look around my blog, you will notice that I have a soft corner for AAP, not a bhakt follower, but do trust them above any other party in India. Hence, I have no gain in favouring Reliance, Ambani or any media house, as their manipulation of facts and their opinions as news has become a common practice.
Two reasons why this news caught my attention was (a) among all the shouting and biased news out there NDTV seem to be the Shaant types, (b) there was very less sources to back the claims one can base there opinion on.
Sources I referred to:-
- MoneyLife.in on NDTV
- The Hoot Article on NewsX
- The Hoot Article On NDTV
- The NewsLaundry Article on NDTV
- Google on K R Raja
- Google on Vishvapradhan Commercial Pvt Ltd
- Google on RRPR
- NDTV 2012-13 Balance Sheet
- NDTV 2013-14 Balance Sheet